Updated: Oct 2, 2019
Habit is the key word here. If you have something as your habit you are going to do it no matter what. Make these habits part of your routine and you will be sure to succeed:
1. Workout in the morning - Get it done! Start your day as a champion. You will feel so much better if you do. Plus if you wait to workout later in the day you are easily going to let valid excuses leak into your program. When you workout in the morning you give your metabolism a boost and you feel better all day long. If you are like me and you love your sleep you may benefit from a pre-workout with caffeine. (*recommended but not required). I like Prolific because it is clean. Click here to check it out.
2. Read and study - Learn all about what you are working out. You can watch videos on working out and plan. Some of my favorites on YouTube are Steve Cook and Whitney Simmons. If you are working chest and triceps search their channels for those exercises. On Steve's channel you will not only learn the exercise he is likely to explain what the best form is as well. Super important. And on Instagram I like Kyla Ritchie - her form is impeccable and she teaches all kinds of new strength training exercises.
3. Plan your workout - This goes along with step number 2. Don't walk into the gym without a plan of your exercises. You are likely to just end up floating around the gym. Plan your workouts for the week on Sunday. Decide which days you will hit the gym and stick to it. Also, decide what exercises you will be doing when you hit the gym. You will be more likely to stick with your program if you do this. Need help? I can design workouts for you. You take the app with you to the gym and follow the program. Done and done. Personalized plans here.
4. Accountability - Have a workout partner. This will help hold you accountable. You will also be more likely to stick to your workout routine. You can help each other and support each other as well.
5. Hydrate - Did you know that you need to drink .5-1 ounce of water for every pound you weigh? Dehydration of even 2% can affect your performance. Keep a water jug with you all day long. Add BCCA's and electrolytes for replenishing those lost during a strenuous workout. I like Scivation BCAA's and drink these during my workout.
6. Plan your playlist - Your music or what you listen to in the gym can make or break you. It can be very inspiring to listen to your favorite music while working out. Personally I listen to podcasts, some music, and some inspirational YouTube videos. Just make sure you have something to look forward to and listen to it so you can take your workout to the next level.
Do you have any other habits that help with your gym routine? Leave a comment and let us know!
If you liked this post you'll enjoy:
Remember 70% of my content is through email. Be sure to subscribe and not miss a thing. Either text "trainerkat" to 42828
Or sign up HERE.