Here are 10 tips for getting started or re-starting your fitness program:
1. Start! “You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.” Be stronger than your excuses.
2. Track EVERYTHING, (especially in the beginning) “You can’t master what you are not willing to measure.”
3. Plan your nutrition…”We do not plan to fail, we simply fail to plan.” Ask yourself what will I be doing the next 3 hours? Fuel yourself accordingly. Remember food is fuel.
4. Do strength training. Muscle weighs more than fat. A muscular structure will work so much more efficiently. It will also look and feel better.
5. Get a partner. Teamwork makes the dream work. I find that those who workout together really help each other succeed.
6. Make getting healthy and fit a priority. You get what you focus on. If it isn't a priority you are very unlikely to do it.
7. Be grateful. Understand this is the quickest way to achieve your goals is to be happy and grateful NOW!
8. Be forgiving. Don’t beat yourself up for not being perfect.. Think progress not perfection!!
9. Figure out your WHY, then remind yourself often.
10. If it seems to overwhelming, hire a trainer! I am happy to help. Reach out to me here: email@example.com